What is expungement? (not ex”sponge”ment) What does it mean to “vacate?” What are the rules to have your record “sealed”?

Anyone who has been convicted of a crime has faced the serious problem of their conviction showing up on a records check when applying for a job even if they have served their time or made restitution. Gun rights may have been denied. Life becomes an endless “paying” for your mistake.

There is help. Their are rules to how or when you can apply to have your record sealed or your crime vacated. We can help with that. You can call us at 206.467.5987.

Having your conviction vacated means that you can legally state you were never convicted of a felony or misdemeanor. This means that if an employer asks if you have ever been convicted of a crime, you can legally answer “no” on a job application.

In some cases, you may simply be able to appeal a criminal conviction. We can work with you to successfully appeal a conviction based on police errors, illegally obtained evidence, false witness statements, and incorrect rulings at your trial.

The Espada Law Firm has experience clearing countless individuals records, and we will work to help you get your criminal past behind you. Call us for a free consultation so we can discuss your criminal history and what options you may have available.