FIGHT YOUR WASHINGTON STATE SEX-RELATED CRIME CHARGE
ESPADA DEFENSA CRIMINAL provides experienced defense to clients in Washington State facing sex crime charges.
If you are charged with a sex crime in Washington State, you may be facing serious jail time. We defend clients throughout Washington State on charges including:
- Indecent Liberties
- Child Molestation
- Rape of a Child
- Child Pornography
- Communication with a Minor for Immoral Purposes
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Assault
- Assault with Sexual Motivation
- Indecent Exposure
The consequences of sex crimes, if convicted, can be severe. Below are some of the consequences that may be faced:
- Imprisonment: Felony sex cases have sentences starting at around five years in prison going all the way to life.
- Registration: There is a sex offender registration requirement; the length of the registration depends on the class of felony.
- Deportation: If you are not a citizen of the United States, a conviction for a sex crime will mean that you will be deported. Additionally, there are long federal sentences (starting at about 5 years) for those who are illegally found to be in the US after being convicted of a sex crime.
There are alternatives to being found guilty of a sex crime. Getting charges reduced or fighting for eligibility for certain programs requires the work of an experienced criminal defense attorney. Just because you are eligible for a reduction in sentence or charge, does not mean that a judge or prosecutor will give you that benefit. Sex crimes have special burdens of evidence, for example when children are testifying. Whatever attorney you hire to take care of these kinds of cases has to be familiar with not only the crimes but different evidentiary issues.
- Special Sex Offender Sentencing Alternative (SSOSA): The SSOSA program allows those who are convicted of sex crimes against someone they know (like a family member or school mate) to enter a sex therapy program and reduce their sentence by actively engaging in treatment meant to correct sexually deviant behaviors.
- Assault 4th Degree with Sexual Motivation: This is a misdemeanor that is “immigration safe”. This means that those who do not have any legal status in the US other than “citizen”, may have an opportunity to keep their immigration status, or convert to a better immigration status, if they plead to this charge instead of something more serious, such as rape, or indecent liberties by forcible compulsion.
THE STATE LAWS
We have an extensive knowledge of the legal system and can provide quality representation for you- from initial contact with law enforcement through appeal and post-conviction issues.
Our attorneys are skilled in the defense of all types of violations of the Uniform Controlled Substances Act (VUCSA). We handle cases involving alleged drug possession, drug delivery, drug crime conspiracy, and much more.
Get the skilled defense you need when you are accused of carrying out an act of violence or harassment against someone in your family or household, or against a
Are you accused of violating Washington’s gun laws? If so, we can help you challenge your gun charges. We handle cases involving unlawful possession of a firearm, concealed firearms, and more.
When you are being prosecuted by the federal government, you can’t afford to have substandard legal representation. Our attorney is experienced in handling federal charges and is well-qualified to represent you.
We will work with you to vacate, seal, and/or expunge your past criminal convictions so that you can avoid the negative consequences of a criminal conviction
Crimes of Violence
Being convicted of a violent crime can have life-changing consequences. Our attorneys have extensive experience in criminal defense and can provide the systemized and aggressive litigation you need.
If you are being investigated by the police, our lawyers can inform you of your rights and help prevent unnecessary interrogations from authorities.
With knowledge of the advantages of going to trial and how to conduct the best possible defense, our attorneys can explain your options and aggressively represent your case.
Expunging criminal charges from the public record can help you restore a wide variety of privileges - from employment opportunities to the ability to obtain a loan.
Having a criminal record in the state of Washington will prevent you from owning a gun. However, you may qualify to have these rights restored after a certain period of time.
Fighting to Protect your Rights
Whatever your specific legal services may be, count on our attorney to provide the dependable representation that you require. We will conduct an in-depth investigation of the evidence and facts to ensure you are given the best chance of obtaining a positive result. Contact our Seattle criminal defense attorney now at 1 (844) WA-FELONÍA and learn more about our practice areas!
- Systemized and Aggressive Litigation
- Wide Range of Experience
- Representing Clients Across Washington State
- Proven record of success
- Se Habla Español